Safe Ways to Get Rid of Mold 

Mold rapidly develops and is common in areas that are moist and dark. You may not even notice it in your house for a long period. The bathroom, kitchen, basement, or any other places that come into contact with water are the areas where mold may appear. The truth is that it takes around 24 hours to 48 hours for mold to grow.  


Thus, it is best to regularly lookout for mold since you run the risk of getting respiratory issues and allergies if you do not get rid of them early. You have to do your best to get rid of every mold to avoid every health problem in the future.  

All you might require are common household supplies and chemicals to effectively get rid of mold. Here are several safe and non-toxic ways of eliminating mold growth: 

Baking Soda 

This is a white powder that’s typically used for baking. But, it has other health benefits and household uses, aside from baking. Some people use baking soda as a teeth whitener or a mouthwash. It is also excellent for treating heartburn. In addition to that, it can eliminate mold and absorb moisture. This will help stop the buildup of mold in the future.  

You will require a ¼ tbsp. of baking soda, water, and a spray bottle to get rid of mold with this technique. First, pour the baking soda into the spray bottle and then pour water on it. After that, mix it by shaking the bottle until the powder fully dissolves.  

Use the solution to spray the moldy area. Utilize a brush to get rid of the mold. After doing that, use clean water to clean the surface.  

Spray the surface again with the solution and leave it to dry. This will make sure that the mold does not grow back.  


Vinegar can be found in almost every kitchen. It is an excellent mold killer, aside from having a lot of health benefits. Vinegar has the strength to kill almost every species of mold. If you combine baking soda and vinegar, you have a solution that can kill all molds. 

Pour some white distilled vinegar in a spray bottle for mold treatment. Don’t mix it with water. You do not have to dilute the vinegar. Spray the area to treat molds. Let it sit for 60 minutes.  

After that, wipe down the area and wait for it to dry.  

Hydrogen Peroxide 

Hydrogen peroxide has a lot of usesHowever, it is also great in getting rid of mold on walls, floors, and kitchen appliances.  

First, pour a 3% concentrated hydrogen peroxide into a spray bottle. Don’t mix it with water. Spray the area that’s infested with mold. After that, you will have to wait for around 10 minutes.  

Next, you can use a scraper or a brush to get rid of the mold and the surrounding stains. Lastly, to wipe down thoroughly any remaining mold in the area, you can use a clean rag.  

However, if the mold infestation is severe, it is best to contact mold removal companies for help.